Jeffrey M. Barnes
Jeffrey M. Barnes is a founding partner of our firm practicing primarily in the areas of family law and real estate litigation. Jeff combines tenacious litigation skills with his background in finance and business to provide far-reaching, comprehensive representation to his clients.
Jeff has counseled his clients on a number of complex issues including:
- International child custody matters related to the Hague Convention of the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction and International Child Abduction Remedies Act (ICARA) 42 U.S.C.A. § 11601;
- Interstate child custody matters involving the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) O.C.G.A. § 19-9-40 et seq.;
- Divorce actions involving significant assets located both domestically and in foreign countries;
- Divorce actions requiring the appointment of a court-appointed receiver to manage and protect marital assets until equitable division of property between the parties has been accomplished, either by settlement or trial;
- Child custody/visitation/parenting time matters involving habitual contempt of court by the primary custodial parent;
- Litigation against many of the nation’s largest lending institutions for egregious acts such as a bank knowingly wrongfully foreclosing on and disposing a homeowner from his home only to later sue the homeowner to attempt to correct the bank’s own mistakes;
- Real estate fraud matters involving various types of real estate investment schemes, “loan assistance programs” and Ponzi schemes.
Jeff received his Juris Doctorate from the Temple University School of Law in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. While at Temple, Jeff served as a staff member of the Temple Political & Civil Rights Law Review. Prior to law school, Jeff received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, majoring in Finance and specializing in International Business, from the University of South Carolina’s Darla Moore School of Business in Columbia, South Carolina.
Jeff is licensed to practice in all Georgia state courts, including the Supreme Court of the State of Georgia and Court of Appeals. Jeff is also licensed to practice in federal courts, including United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and Unites States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Jeff secured the top real estate verdict in Georgia in 2009. The case involved an unscrupulous mortgage broker and closing attorney who committed mortgage fraud to the extreme detriment of our client. At the jury trial Jeff secured not only a verdict for our client’s actual damages, but a substantial punitive damages award as well.
Jennifer L. Lehr
Jennifer Lehr is a founding member of our firm. She is a graduate of the Barry University School of Law in Orlando, Florida, where she earned her Doctorate of Jurisprudence. While at Barry University, Jennifer was a member of the Moot Court Program and the Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity. Prior to obtaining her Juris Doctorate, Jennifer received her Master of Arts in English, specializing in English Literature, at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida. She received her Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida.
Jennifer is licensed to practice in all Georgia and South Carolina courts, including the Courts of Appeals, the Supreme Courts and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina. She is the head of Barnes Firm’s immigration department. She also practices in the areas of family law, particularly juvenile issues such as detention and deprivation, real estate litigation, and general civil litigation.
Jennifer has handled real estate litigation against some of our nation’s largest mortgage lenders and servicers both in federal and state court, aiding her clients in securing not only monetary awards, but also helping them to restore credit standings wrongfully damaged. Jennifer has also served as an expert witness in real estate litigation.
Saam Ghiaasiaan is a senior associate at our firm. Saam prides himself on keeping focus on the human and emotional aspects of legal representation while counseling his clients. Saam has diverse and extensive legal experience encompassing both civil and criminal matters, including:
- Administrative Law
- Criminal Law, including Federal and State crimes
- Immigration Law
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate litigation
Saam was born in Los Angeles, California. He obtained his Juris Doctorate after graduating from Georgia State University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, majoring in Management.
Saam is licensed to practice law in all Georgia courts.